Skip to main content

photoshop tutorials

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyR_uYsRdPs 

photoshop for beginners

this video was really helpful to get the basics down.  I liked how it was laid out and how he showed you how to do things. I have used photoshop a little bit before, but this video was still really helpful. It is always so hard to remember how to do things especially when you took a break for a little. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk960TDAyLU

top 10 photoshop shortcuts (most helpful shortcuts) 

I am all about shortcuts so this is something I will always look up when I am starting with a new adobe system. This video was really helpful and I always feel so fancy when I use shortcuts like this. This video is definitely going to make my life a lot easier when working with photoshop. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6erEpwtjfkY

photoshop for beginners on iPad 

I love using my iPad and it is definitely different than using the laptop or desktop. Watching videos like this is always so helpful. For some things using the iPad is a lot easier, but other times its just more confusing so watching videos like this helps me distinguish what I want to use my iPad for. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brush

this assignment was very fun for me. I love taking past work and adding to it. I have never made a brush in photoshop before so that was very exciting as well. I love my logo to begin with and I love the graffiti look this project gave it. First we started by taking my logo and adding different layers to it and playing with the opacity. The most challenging part was keeping the integrity of the piece, allowing the viewer to still see what the logo is. I think I accomplished this. By having multiple layers it really makes the piece look authentic like it is actually a piece of graffiti.   This is my logo made into a brush, with black and white, and then took the brush and created a pattern. I really like how bright and different this work ended up being compared to my other work. I haven't really done that much work in photoshop and I really liked it. It's hard for me to break out from the norm, but I enjoyed the challenge. 

autoscopy

 this is my autoscopy. I wanted to go for a futuristic, trippy look for this project. I really enjoy how it turned out. To start I went on Pinterest to find inspiration, this is how I start a lot of my projects. I quickly realized that I wanted to include the moon and do something crazy with the sky.  When I found my inspiration photos I got to work by taking this photo of me on davis island and putting it in to photoshop. I then created layers to add in each icon like the butterflies, moon, planet, and smiley faces. Each icon got its on layer and I took away the background in the original photo of the icon. I then worked on the car background, I had to move the layers around and take away from the original photo to line it up correctly with the water.  The last thing I did was play with the saturation and hues of all the layers. I am so glad I did this because it really brought the whole thing together. There are a lot of meaningful things in this piece. I have always had such a speci

final portfolio

  This is my final portfolio. I really like using indesign so I really enjoyed putting this together. Like I have said in other blog posts I like indesign so much because of how organized it is. Indesign just makes sense in my head. I really like how this project came out, I thought it was cool to see my progression through out the year. I also really like how the theme is cohesive throughout the whole project. For my color scheme I took colors from adobe.color.com they had so many to pick from. I went with a muted color pallet so my work could really shine through. I also really like the font I picked I think it is fun and pretty easy to read.